The Music Bar

An eKleCtic array of Music

Followers

Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Blu and Exile

I have decided to turn this blog into a site about everything I like so with that I am putting up a hip hop album I really like.  Blu and Exile their first album "Below the Heavens" and every song is sick.  Exile is this crazy white boy who looks like Brotha Ali to me but he is a master a beetovan of the mpc's.  Check his videos out on youtube he goes off on the mpc with classic hip hop kicks and snares with good samples from oldschool soul.

Then Blu an underated young'n probably 25 or less can really flow. He speaks whatever he feels. He is not trying to gain popularity or talk about guns or shit. He talks about everything in his life and he really knows vocabulary and is not "dumbing it down" when he articulates and expresses himself. I love this album they are both masters of their art and together they laced this record with passion, heart, and true hip hop.

Blu and Exile - Below the Heavens 


And then I have to add Jake One - White Van Music
This guy is a Seattle Producer that I guess has good netowrking skills because he has a huge cast of rappers  lacing his beats up: MF DOOM all the way to Keak Da Sneak to Freeway.  His beats are commonplace and that is what I like about him.  His beats remind me of a mix of J. Dilla and MF doom so if you like them check him out too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment